Friday, March 28, 2008

Eating My Words

If it was possible to eat words, I probably would-- because I like to eat. AND I've been trying to go to Hey Cupcake forever now, so I really need to get on that. Anyways that isn't the point of this post.. the point is I was gravitating away from NYC, and as fate would have it, I'm bout to take a bite out of The Big Apple (fully intended)... and I'm SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

My facebook horoscope says "Your glass is way more than half-full so stop worrying about the part that's empty" and it's true. I'm a very lucky unlucky person. I've been bored to death the last few months, going crazy, but then again I'm lucky that I even have the chance to do nothing for awhile. (I'm not exactly doin nothing, but not really something). Anyhow this past few months is going to make this summer all the more magnificent. Nyc in the summertime-- I love love love it... it makes me love life. I love anywhere in the summertime really, but Austin that is...its too effin hot. But aside from the weather, I'm also excited to meet some people. I do love people, especially new ones... there's just something about a new introduction that causes my endorphins to flow. I don't need to work out, just engage myself in some intriguing conversations and late night parties with fun new people. (And thankfully fbook allows me to keep in touch with this ppl from all over the world). I'm also excited to finally get my hands dirty- art direc. style. Everyone has heard the saying, in order to be truly happy and healthy, you must do what you love for a living. I recently read an article that stated we must not mistake this adage as simply doing what makes you happy. I can imagine myself owning a beachouse/cafe along the coast somewhere, relaxing day in and day out, but I wouldn't be helping myself or anyone else for that matter. In order for someone to truly fulfill their potential (and potential happiness), the wise man says you must identify your niche, your skill, your gift to the world, and commit fully. I do also believe your gift can change as your life runs its course. Sometimes I can imagine myself having a number of other careers, but what I've always been is a creative, an artist. Sometimes you wonder how people 'got into that' career... but in the end it seems you get into something because it's already who you are. I didn't try to like art, or force myself to create it.... I just am that way. I also get random weird ideas in the middle of the night that I have to jot down on post-its which are strewn about my house. It's one of the causes of my insomnia which I'd really rather not have, but somehow life brought me into the tiny little world of art direction in advertising--- a thing I have to explain to my family and friends all the time because nobody knows what the hell I am talking about. I don't know that I would choose this world, if I had a choice... but it seems to be a pretty good deal. I get to think for a living, and design, and I get to experience all sorts of other worlds in my quest for new innovative ideas about other cultures and products and companies. So.. it's gonna be one good summer...hopefully it turns into a few good years... at least =D

No comments: