Monday, February 2, 2009

25 things

So this 25 things note has been goin around facebook, so I gotta fill it out or I'm sure something bad will happen to me and I can't afford to have one of my limbs fall off, I might need to sell them soon for money...

1. Like Linda, I too saw a naked old man in a studio art class, ironically enough when I was an architectural design major and this man was 80 and I have to say he had a better body than most guys I know... sorry.

2. I finally started writing the book I've always wanted to write, and I know somewhat what I want it to be about, but I guess the interesting thing is that it could be about something entirely different when I finish.

3. I was born in India, then moved to a few different places in Canada, then moved to a few different places in Michigan, then moved to Austin, Texas, then moved to NYC for 6 months and now I'm back in Austin--- about to go somewhere else hopefully!

4. I believe in destiny, but I also believe you have to do your half for the world to do its. Like in Lost, you have to do your part and the island will do its.

5. Lost is my favorite show ever. Well that's a lie, I really loved Boy Meets World, Salute Your Shorts, Fraggle Rock, Eureka's Castle, Saved By The Bell, The Wonder Years, Clarissa Explains It All, TGIF, and SNICK- I watched a lot of t.v. when I was little I guess you could say, but all I remember is playing outside. Anyhow since I've been back to Austin I've watched all 4 seasons of Lost to catch up.

6. When I moved to Austin in middle school, I ditched the popular girl I was becoming best friends with to befriend the new quirky girl. Later this quirky girl's parents told her she couldn't hang out with me cause I was Indian... betch!

7. I once told a boy my name was Eskima and I was Alaskan, and he completely believed me.

8. I have an odd skin disease which looks like a slightly dark line that wraps around one side of my stomach. It developed two years ago, and the doctor said there's no way to cure it and it stops spreading after two years... I guess I should come up with a cooler story.

9. Many things happened in 5th grade... I became best friends with one girl who was my enemy. I had the coolest pumas on the block. My best friend was trying to get a guy and asked him if he would date her if she got the same shoes as me. Everyone played pogs at recess and during break my dad went out and bought me a huge case and some slammers, when I came back to school, nobody was playing anymore. My bff gave me a bff ring and I lost it in the cafeteria, many years later after I moved she found it.

10. I never wanted to play soccer but my sister and parents convinced me to when I was little, I've played since then with an olympic development coach, select teams, and my high school which finally ruined it for me. I miss it so much and is possibly one of the reasons why I love the rest of the world so much cause they are smart of to realize what the best sport ever is.

11. I want to be an entrepreneur- I know exactly how... I just need the money! But if I had all the money I could possibly want, the first thing I'd do is definitely travel... everywhere. When I travel everything seems perfect.

12. I'm never happy with doing what I'm supposed to do. I'm not sure I'll ever do things on an appropriate life schedule. My biggest fear is being normal. I think people don't believe me when I want to go somewhere or do something out of the ordinary, like work in another country... I make sure I never prove them right.

13. I stole candy when I was a kid from grocery stores all the time. I have the biggest sweet tooth I know. I know where you can get the best gelato in the entire world--- just ask me! I could possibly just work in an ice cream shop or bakery or chocolateria and I'd prolly be satisfied.

14. I constantly analyze the past and have a basic plan for the future, mostly because I like things to be very efficient. Wasted time drives me crazy.... which is why I've been going crazy for a few months now. I'm trying more than ever to live in the present.

15. A year ago, in 5 weeks straight, I traveled to Madrid, Ibiza and Barcelona, Spain, Ostea, Rome, Cinque Terre, and Milan Italy, Santorini, Mykonos and Athens Greece, and Berlin, Germany... on a budget of about $3500 including airfare, mostly staying with local people I never met before, backpacking with two girls, one of whom I never met untill the day we left. It was possibly the best summer of my life.

16. Instead of asking WWJD, I often ask What Would A Guy Do? I hate women who belittle themselves, and the men who belittle them too, so I try to take on the world the way a man does. However, I do believe in chivalry.

17. When I was a kid I almost drowned in the ocean off the coast of Florida and on another occasion I almost chocked to death on a grape. When I told my parents they laughed.

18. I'm convinced I have a guardian angel. In retrospect there's so many things that could have gone horribly wrong that never did.

19. I love food, but I can't cook anything. I learned how to boil spaghetti when I was a senior in college, I didn't even attempt it before then.

20. The first time I tried beef was a white castle hamburger. I hated eating Indian food every day, and my mom brought home a burger and told me I had to eat one or the other. I cried and took a bite of the burger. After gagging I sat at the table for hours. I would sit at the table all day if I had to to get out of eating. I've never had beef since that day. I'm not sure what Harold and Kumar are talking about. My little sister is facebook friends with Kumar.

21. My parents say I was the happiest baby.

22. At this time last year I was doing the exact same thing, thinking the exact same thing, but never believing that I'd be in the same position a year later.

23. I feel happiest when I'm with the people I care about, if I could live with all my friends in one big frat house that'd be amazing- on the other hand I can leave people if I need to without a second thought, which is why I can live in another country.... I know the people that are important in my life will always be there when I get back.

24. When Obama won, I started crossing the street into oncoming traffic. My sister yelled, "watch out!" and I was like "It's okay Obama won!" then I decided to go into Manhattan after celebrating in Brooklyn and my sister was like you're going alone and isn't it goin to take you forever, and I was like "It's okay Obama won!" I made it into Manhattan in 15 minutes from the C train in Brooklyn, probably the fastest I ever have.

25. Blue is my favorite color and

26. I prefer even numbers.

your turn!!....................

2 comments:

AdamChang said...

4. Those shows were classic, did you watch Doug?

5. LOST is pretty good this season. so far.

6. You ditched popularity...in middle school...to be the new quirky girl. I give you props.

16. I also believe in chivalry, but i have to be careful, because some girls see it differently.

20. I'm sorry your first beef experience was White Castle. You should have at least tried a Burger King Whopper Jr.

25. I prefer even numbers too, but my favorite number is odd.

Anonymous said...

6. That sucks

15. We need to do this together!


I love Doug and Boy Meets world too